The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

My Sitemap

Hierarchical Sitemap

  • Site of the first Vineyard catholic chapel, , formerly 1 Michels Place
    1,-the-vineyard.html

  • Historically from the maps, this site seems always to have been separate from Halford House garden
    10-a-the-vineyard.html

  • 10 The Vineyard was formerly 4 Portland Villas built in the 1850s
    10-the-vineyard.html

  • 12 and 14 the Vineyard were built on Queen Elizabeth Almshouse land
    12-and-14-the-vineyard.html

  • This pair of houses was first known as Gordon Villas
    17-and-19-the-vineyard.html

  • The Richmond Herald of 2/9/1972 described a film production in the Vineyard but gave the address as Halford Road
    1972-film-making-in-the-vineyard.html

  • 21 The Vineyard was originally named West Dean
    21-the-vineyard.html

  • 23 and 25 The Vineyard look classic Regency style houses were built in the 1850s
    23-the-vineyard.html

  • 24 The Vineyard built in 1896 after Vineyard Passage straitened
    24-the-vineyard.html

  • 23 and 25 The Vineyard look classic Regency style houses were built in the 1850s
    25-the-vineyard.html

  • 27 The Vineyard probaly built in the 1850s
    27-the-vineyard.html

  • 28 may be as old as Vineyard House and has mainly been a commercial building
    28-the-vineyard.html

  • 29 The Vineyard is one of 4 houses in the classic Regency style but was probably only built in the 1840s
    29-the-vineyard.html

  • 3 The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames was built early 19th century and is now a listed building, formerly 2 Michels Place
    3,-the-vineyard.html

  • 30 and 32 The Vineyard - formerly Prospect House and the retail centre for Richmond Hill
    30-and-32-the-vineyard.html

  • 31 The Vineyard was previously 2 houses
    31,-33-the-vineyard.html

  • Memoir of Irene Burton of her taking over the lease and renovating the house and shop
    32-the-vineyard-memories.html

  • 34 and 36 the Vineyard still signed 'Vineyard Cottages' were built around 1890s with Prospect House on a site of earlier buildings
    34-and-36-the-vineyard-formerly-vineyard-cottages.html

  • 35 The Vineyard now the Vineyard Surgery first appears on rating records in 1750
    35,-the-vineyard,-vineyard-surgery.html

  • 37 The Vineyard has for a long time been a riding stables
    37-the-vineyard.html

  • 9 The Vineyard is one of a 3 houses which used to be called Vineyard Terrace and backed on to old stables
    39-the-vineyard.html

  • 4 The Vineyard Richmond was built in the 1850s and was formerly know as 1 Portland Terrace
    4-the-vineyard.html

  • 41 The Vineyard is the central house of what was formerly known as Vineyard Terrace.
    41-the-vineyard.html

  • 43 The Vineyard formerly 1 Vineyard Terrace
    43-the-vineyard.html

  • History of 43 The Vineyard as noted by the owner
    43-the-vineyard-notes.html

  • 47 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House between 1896 and 1901
    47-the-vineyard.html

  • 49 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    49-the-vineyard.html

  • 5 The Vineyard starter as the largest house in what became Michels Place,richmond-upon-Thames, formerly 3 Michels Place
    5,-the-vineyard.html

  • 50 The Vineyard was originally 2 Dynevor Place
    50-the-vineyard.html

  • 51 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    51-the-vineyard.html

  • 52 The Vineyard was originally 4 Dynevor Place
    52-the-vineyard.html

  • 53 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    53-the-vineyard.html

  • 54 The Vineyard was originally 6 Dynevor Place
    54-the-vineyard.html

  • 55 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    55,-the-vineyard.html

  • 56 The Vineyard was originally 8 Dynevor Place
    56-the-vineyard.html

  • 57 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    57-the-vineyard.html

  • 58 The Vineyard was originally 10 Dynevor Place
    58-the-vineyard.html

  • 59 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    59-the-vineyard.html

  • 6 The Vineyard was formerly 2, Portland Villas built in the 1850s
    6-the-vineyard.html

  • 60 The Vineyard was originally 12 Dynevor Place
    60-the-vineyard.html

  • 61 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    61-the-vineyard.html

  • 63 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    63-the-vineyard.html

  • 65 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    65-the-vineyard.html

  • 67 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    67-the-vineyard.html

  • 69 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    69-the-vineyard.html

  • 7 The Vineyard probably the oldest and least altered of the Michels Place houses, formerly 4 Michels Place
    7,-the-vineyard.html

  • 71 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    71-the-vineyard.html

  • 73 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    73-the-vineyard.html

  • 75 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    75-the-vineyard.html

  • 77 The Vineyard was built on the site of the former Mount Ararat House
    77-the-vineyard.html

  • 8 The Vineyard was formerly 3 Portland Villas built in the 1850s
    8-the-vineyard.html

  • 81 The Vineyard was originally 1 Dynevor Place
    81-the-vineyard.html

  • 83 The Vineyard was originally 3 Dynevor Place
    83-the-vineyard.html

  • 85 The Vineyard was originally 5 Dynevor Place
    85-the-vineyard.html

  • 87 The Vineyard was originally 7 Dynevor Place
    87-the-vineyard.html

  • 89 The Vineyard was originally 9 Dynevor Place
    89-the-vineyard.html

  • Newark House, 9 The Vineyard is one of the oldest houses in the road and is grade II listed.
    9-the-vineyard,-newark-house.html

  • 91 The Vineyard was originally 11 Dynevor Place
    91-the-vineyard.html

  • Stephen Orr's background and interest in documenting the hisory of The Vineyard
    about.html

  • Richmond Town Council has twice imposed address changes to maintain a logical numbering system
    address-changes.html

  • bishop-duppa's-almshouses.html

  • british-school.html

  • An onlien collection of building plans for the Borough of Richmond-upon-Thames
    building-plans.html

  • Advertisement for a Catholic School that first appeared in 1794 issue of Laity Directory.
    catholic-school-advert.html

  • A census was conducted every 10 years from 1841. They give valuable information about the residents of the Vineyard
    census-data.html

  • Chartreuse 48 The Vineyard stikingly different from othe styles in the neighbourhood.
    chartreuse-48-the-vineyard.html

  • clarence-house.html

  • contact.html

  • The site of Rosedale Cottages and Hope House which were demolished to enlarge the Vineyard School playground
    demolished-38-the-vineyard.html

  • These addresses were changed twice as the Town Council tried to rationalise the system; in 1893 to unify the names and then in 1936 after the building of 2 new houses on Queen Elizabeth Almshouse land.
    even-number-addresses.html

  • Even number addresses in the Central section of the Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames
    even-numbers-central-34-48.html

  • Even number houses in the East section of The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames
    even-numbers-east-section-50-60.html

  • North side, West section of the Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames
    even-numbers-west-congregational-church-to-32.html

  • Gloucester Cottage 44 The Vineyard was an artisan's house
    gloucester-cottage-46-the-vineyard.html

  • Halford House is an historic listed building which has had a major influence on the development of the Vineyard.
    halford-house.html

  • houses.html

  • information-related-to-the-vineyard.html

  • maps.html

  • michel's-almshouses.html

  • This school was in part of Mount Ararat House and had a separate building in the garden
    mount-ararat-lodge-school.html

  • 47-79 The Vineyard were built on site of Mt Ararat House
    mt-ararat-house-demolished.html

  • no-45,-mears-coaches.html

  • number-16,-the-vineyard.html

  • 16 and 18 The Vineyard are in fact part of the Halford Road development and stand in the old garden of Halford House. 18s original address was 1 Cambula Villas, Halford Road
    number-18-the-vineyard.html

  • Number 20 and 20A The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames
    number-20,-the-vineyard.html

  • Number 22 The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames
    number-22,-the-vineyard.html

  • Odd number addresses were rationalised in 1893 to provide a logical numbersing system
    odd-number-addresses.html

  • Odd numbers in central section of The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames from 37 to 77
    odd-numbers-central-37-77.html

  • Odd numbers in east section of The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames from 77 - 91
    odd-numbers-east-81-91.html

  • Odd number Houses in the west section of The Vineyard, Richmond-upon-Thames, from Michels Almshouses to number 35
    odd-numbers-west-michels-almshouses-35.html

  • photos.html

  • post-1950-photos.html

  • pre-1950-photos.html

  • queen-elizabeth's-almshouses.html

  • Salcombe Villas are on the Vineyard Passage and the site was previously part of the garden of Vineyard House
    salcombe-villas.html

  • The British School closed in 1984 and the buildings were converted to Clearwater House
    school-conversion-to-clearwater.html

  • sitemap-page-order.html

  • Here is a list of the major sources of information about Richmond in general and The Vineyard in particular
    sources.html

  • st-elizabeth-of-portugal-rc-church.html

  • The Ark, 44 The Vineyard, must have been strikingky 'modern' when first built so different from the style elsewhere in the road.
    the-ark,-44-the-vineyard.html

  • The Duke's Head was built to serve the new community on Richmond Hill
    the-duke's-head-42-the-vineyard.html

  • The Vineyard, Richmond has 300 years history during which it changed from quiet open fields to an urban street with historic buildings. This site shows the process of urban development.
    index.html

  • c19th businessman & philanthropist, whose generosity led to the building of the Congregational Church in Richmond, Surrey.
    thomas-wilson-1764-1843.html

  • Vine House at 11 The Vineyard was built after Vine Cottage at 13 but recently integrated the cottage into a single larger house
    vine-house,11-13,-the-vineyard.html

  • Vine Lodge 15 The Vineyard
    vine-lodge,-15-the-vineyard.html

  • vineyard-congregational-church.html

  • vineyard-house-no-26.html

  • List of ratepayers for Vineyard House, The Vineyard from 1726 onwards
    vineyard-house-rate-book-entries.html

  • History of the old burial ground in the Vineyard Passage
    vineyard-passage-burial-ground.html

  • winter-photos.html

Navigation