The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 
Present number/name Pre-1936 number / name Pre-1893 number/name
No 18 No 14 1, Cambula Villas, Halford Rd
TIMELINE

16 The Vineyard

1883 99 year lease from 24/06/1881 granted by A. Chancellor of The Retreat, Richmond to Frederick Hampton, Builder at an annual rent of £7/10/-. 1883 builders lease
1883 The lease shows the plots of 1 & 2, Cambula Villas adjoining land Queen Elizabeth's Charity and backing onto the first house on Halford road also owned by Mr F Hampton - perhaps he built all of Halford Road Map of Cambula Villas plot
1884 Frederick Hampton of Halford House, Builder assigned the lease of both 1 & 2 Cambula Villas to Thomas Richardson of 2, Halford Road for the sum of £800 for the 2 properties.
1884 Mr Thomas Richardson obtained a £400 mortgage on the 2 properties from G.J.West Esq.. and Frederick Dixon Esq..
1888 Mr Thomas Richardson (now living at 358 Kingsland Road, Middlesex) obtained a £300 mortgage on the 2 properties from The Fourth City Mutual Benefit Building Society.
 1891  Census: Sarah Maggs, living on her own means, her adult daughter and a servant.
1901  Census: Mary and Sarah Willis, sisters, both retired school mistresses.
1911 Census: Sarah Goddard Willis, retired school mistress, and a boarder

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation