The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

 Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

 

Pre-1893 number/name

 

 37

37

Mouflet Stables

 TIMELINE

  Ark Dental Surgery, 37

1771

Richardson Manor map shows a house bordering on what is now Onslow Road but was then just a continuation of the Vineyard Passage

 1881

 Census: (unnamed house) John Morley, coachman, his wife, 17-year old son, a blacksmith and 8 other children

 1891

 Census: Mouflet Stables with John Wilsden, groom, his wife, son and 2 other grooms as lodgers

 1894

 Plan for new coach house

 1895

OS maps shows the present configuration with a stable yard runnning behind the 3 houses of Vineyard Terrace

 1901

 Census: William Stent, Coachman (Livery Yard), his wife and 4 children

 1904-5

Kellys Directory: Occupied by John William Hatton M.R.C.V.S. veterinary surgeon. Founder of the Royal Richmond Horse Show.

 1910-15

 Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden, yard, stables
Occupier: W J Hatton
Owner: E Maxwell, Kingsclere Kings Road Richmond
Interest of owner: Freehold
Gross Value: £1000
Stabling: yellow stocks & tiled, manure pit, 4 loose boxes & stalls, large coachhouse (take 8 carriages), 4 stall stable with harness room and loft over, WC , yard

 1911

 Census: Frederick Woodward, Foreman, his wife and 3 children

 1920s

Known as "The Richmond Riding School"

1939-1964

Premises leased to W.H.Vince, builder & decorator

 c.1970

52 and 54 onslow Road were built on the old stables at the back of the yard with their gardens running up to no 45 The Vineyard.

 1979

Planning permission for   Erection of 2-storey and first floor extension to provide toilet facilities and boiler to the existing offices.

 1996

 Change of use from offices to dental surgery

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation