The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

Pre-1893 number/name

29

29

2 Duncan Villas

TIMELINE

29 The Vineyard

 1771 Richardson Manor map shows the site to be owned by Late Michels Trust.
 1842 Driver map shows no building at this date
 1861  Census: Mary Webster, her daughter and a servant
 1865 OS map shows the houses built
 1865 Whibleys: Webster Mrs
 1871  Census: Mary Webster, income from horses, her daughter and servant
 1874  Wood: Thuillier, E.
 1881  Census: John Scrivener, Draper's Buyer, his wife, daughter, servant and a boarder.
 1891  Census: Frederick Long, Insurance Clerk, his sister and a servant.
 1901  Census: Frank Lynne, teacher (London School Board),his wife and a servant.
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: G. Laws
Owner: Clerk of Michel Trustees
Interest of owner: Freehold
Subordinate interest: Mrs A. M. Scrivener, Paradise Road leasehold 63 years from 29/09/1851
Occupier's tenancy: 1 years from 1910
Gross Value: £500

 1911  Census: George Laws, Sanitary Inspector Richmond Borough Council, his wife, father- and mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
 1956 Trustees of Michel's Almshouse Charity sold the freehold to Robert Kenrick Foulkes of 87 Addison Road London for £2900.
Previous House
Next House

 

Navigation