The Vineyard, Richmond
  An Online History for residents, their families and friends

 

Present number/name

Pre-1936 number/name

Pre-1893 number/name

23

23

1 Vineyard Villas

TIMELINE

23 and 25 The Vineyard

1771 Richardson Manor map shows the site to be owned by Late Michels Trust.
1842 Driver map shows no building at this date
 1861  Census: 1, Salina Long and one servant.
1865 OS map shows a houses built
 1865 Whibleys: Long, Mrs.
 1871  Census:  Sarah Long, annuitant, and one servant
 1874 Wood: Long Mrs,
 1881  Census: Sarah Long, annuitant, her son, and one servant
 1891  Census: Miriam Britton,dressmaker, her daughter, a daily governess, and a lodger
 1901  Census: Maria Ainger, 2 daughters and a servant
 1910-15  Valuation Office Survey

Description: House, garden,
Occupier: Mrs M Ainger
Owner: George Sheperd, King Edward Gdns, Acton Hill
Interest of owner: leasehold 62.5 years from 1852
Occupier's tenancy: unstated
Gross Value: £500

 1911  Census: Maria Ainger,private means, and 2 daughters
 2000 Loft conversion and parking on front garden

 

Previous House
Next House
Navigation